Over time one gets clearer and deeper about choices one makes in professional life (and personal too). Last couple of years the going has been good and when I see myself doing well, I just wanted to understand what the hell was wrong with me a few years back — so much muddle?
From that emerged a need to look at my professional development as evolution of a bundle of ideas that shaped me and my thinking , the choices that I’ve made banking on them (or ignoring them and suffering for it) and provides now an amorphous framework of looking at decisions and designing products.
I’m taking a very close look at these to evolve a personal decision making framework — small to vast.
- Startup = Growth
- Strategy — Bruce Henderson
- Network Externality
- Game Theory
- Situational Awareness
- Tipping Point
- Sthitapragyata — Stoicism
- Memetic Immunity or Vulnerability
- Design Thinking
- Not being stupid is smart enough
- Seeing hidden options in everything
- There is a Zen to poker (trading)
- The invisible chess board
- The maths of compounding
- Designing for continuity
- Beta players can make alpha teams
- Extended phenotype
- Samkhya Philosophy
- The silence between musical notes, the pauses between words is a form of speech
- Be alert to arrival of luck (bad luck) — from charlie munger
- Theory of forms
- Hollomorphic Singularity or whatever this is called — a point where many ideas, contexts and life experiences apart from inner states and accidents of memory and imagination converge to align and uncover a unique perception — inaccessible otherwise.
Bolotowsky — whose art i find representative of many ideas overlapping to produce a view.